“In the modern age of social media and 24-hour news, crisis communications have become an important tool in crisis management. How are you managing the court of public opinion?”
In this modern age of social media and 24-hour news, a crisis can be created by one employee taking a photo or a video and sharing it online, and in a matter of moments they have asked their friends to share it and before long someone in the mainstream media picks up the story. Before you know it, your organisation is on the nightly news and in the newspapers the next day.
Crisis communications have become an important tool in crisis management. Managing the court of public opinion and coming out on top is not a matter of luck. There are a variety of tools that can be used to manage this type of crisis.
The Crisis Management Centre can assist you to put in place measures that will significantly improve your situation as your personal name and company name and its brands come under attack.
Within the sphere of Crisis Communications, the Crisis Management Centre can assist you and your team with a wide range of services including:
- Crisis Communications Strategy Development
- Research and Issues Identification (Media Intelligence)
- Gap Analysis and Threat Identification
- Investor Communications during a Crisis
- Crisis Communications Support and Media Engagement
- Stakeholder Engagement (Community and Internal)
- Government Relations (Political and Regulators)
- Media Monitoring and Sentiment Analysis
- Data-Driven Social Media Analysis
- Cyber-Social Manipulation Analysis
- Pre-Crisis Training (CEO and Spokesperson)
Contact the Crisis Management Centre
Crisis Management Centre has identified the existence of coordinated inauthentic behaviour (CIB) and brute force communications in the social media discourse on the chicken supply issue in Malaysia and selected Southeast Asian countries between 1 January and 21 July 2022. The latest Crisis Management Centre report titled ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes Through the Lens of Cyber-Social Manipulation – A Communication Analysis of the Chicken Supply Issue’ shed light on the depth and breadth of the evolution of social media manipulation.
Contact us to get a full copy of the report.